UK government has issued guidance for various workplaces in the UK, on working safely during COVID-19.
Here are the key points on making your office 'Covid-19' secure.
1. Coming to work.
Reduce congestion - provide more entry points to the workplace. Encourage handwashing upon arrival.
2. Moving around your workplace. Introduce one-way flow through buildings, corridors, stairs. Reduce maximum occupancy for lifts.
3. Workstations. Review the layout of workstations: use back-to-back or side to side working rather than face to face. Use screens or barriers to separate people from each other. Use floor tape or signage to help workers maintain social distancing.
4. Meetings. Allow for 2m social distancing. Hold meetings in well-ventilated rooms or even outdoor.
5. Common areas. Install screens to protect staff in receptions or similar areas. Regulate the use of canteens and locker-rooms.
6. Visitors. Limit the number of visitors at any time. Provide clear guidance on social distancing and hygiene upon arrival.
7. Keeping the workplace clean. Limit or restrict the use of high-touch items (printers, whiteboards). Open windows and doors frequently to encourage ventilation. Disinfect workstations frequently.
8. Hygiene and good practises. Use signs and posters to build awareness of good handwashing techniques and social distancing rules.
9. Risk-assessment. Employers should review their health and safety risk assessments with coronavirus in mind and implement control measures to combat the disease.